Friday, August 14, 2015

Tree Clutter

Okay guys so today I'm addressing one of my pet peeves of decorating, super tree cluttering or using trees to cover empty spaces. I can't tell how many castles I've toured and are top rated, but lack creativity. When I see a top rated house and I think whoo hoo this is going to be creative only to be disappointed because the outside is filled with trees, big mismatched trees with barely two openings to display those gauntlets. Now this is not to say I haven't seen some really awesome and very well decorated spaces but most often its the tree clutter that I run into.

I know that sometimes you may run out of ideas for your outdoor area, but throwing random trees together..or the big willow tree down doesn't look good, it makes your space look thrown together without effort. Now there is absolutely nothing wrong with using trees in your outdoor areas, nothing at all,  but let's look at some ways we can incorporate trees to compliment our house theme.

Small trees, bushes & shrubs -can be put into other items to make them a little more fancy, for example one of my favorite thing to do with the bushes (flame bush etc) is to put them on top of a nicely colored drum or on top of the Darkmoor side table. I place them in such a way that it seems as though the item is a vase. This tip can be used with just about any of the small trees, shrubs and bushes and can be used both inside and outdoors.

Medium trees -same as the small trees, the medium trees can also be placed on items, however a little bit more tinkering is required as you will need to use items that will fit properly and hide the bottom of the tree. I recommend the larger width drums, vases and even pedestals.

Large trees -now with large trees such as the Willow, Craggy Apple and the winter trees, I believe less is better...unless you're creating a forest area of course. You can rotate the Craggy Apple tree to face each other to create a nice nook, swing, seating area or gazebo arch. The key to using bigger trees is to use them sparingly and use them together with other trees that are similar, that way you don't have tons of mismatched trees cluttered together.

So to wrap up today's blog try not to use trees as your space holders, and if you do there are creative ways to display them. Have fun decorating and see you around the spiral.
~Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment